Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Beaker
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I cannot even believe I am posting here. I am absolutely in pieces right now. I am falling apart. I haven't stopped sobbing today. I can't believe this I'm saying this. Beaker has died. Last night, a raccoon got into the house when no one was home. It got its paw into the cage somehow... I can hardly type this, I can't even see clearly. My eyes are so clouded. I'll stop sobbing now and get into it. It got its paw into the cage somehow and it grabbed Beaker. Jaid escaped harm, but he's still shaken after losing his mate. I am so devastated. And I am sick and absolutely shaken to say that it completely tore my beautiful boy apart. Beaker is in bits. I cannot even comprehend this. My boy actually died like this? I am in total shock. I can't even function right now. I can't eat and can just about breathe. I am going to bury him today out in the creek. I don't even know what to say at this point. I love you Beaker. You were my first cockatiel and you have opened up so much to me since I first adopted you. You were my whole world. I love you so much Beaker. You're safe now. You wait for me buddy, I'll see you again soon. With love, always.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Beaker
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
:cry: I don't know what to say. This was so sudden. My heart is wrenching. I'm in denial. I can't believe this.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:38 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
Oh no, not Beaker, Stephanie I am crying as well this is just not possible! Of all the tiels in the world, this is unacceptable for my brain.
I am so sorry for you and Jaid, he will need you now more than ever did before, you are not alone in your grief.
Can't even type now, but steph I would like to be there and hug you and cry together, and think of him when he was on this world. He's always been a great favourite, a bit like he was my nephew in my tiel family.
Beaker we all love you so much!!!!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
OMG this is so horrifying. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Beaker's name on the title of the thread, and it got even worse when I read the story. I'm so very very sorry that this has happened, and that you had to see him that way, but I know that there aren't any words that can make you feel better right now. Jaid is very lucky to have survived, and the budgies too, because raccoons frequently don't stop until they've taken every bird that's available.

RIP Beaker, we all loved you.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:16 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
This feels so surreal. And I'm sorry if I'm being over dramatic, but it doesn't feel real. I literally saw him yesterday. In one piece. Alive. Making a bunch of racket and harassing Jaid. I haven't even wrapped my head around this yet. I am in such disbelief this happened to us. He didn't deserve what happened.

I just buried him. I originally left with a shovel, but Jaid was flock calling his head off. He needs me, so I put him in the travel cage and took him in the creek with me. When we got there, I set Jaid down and started digging. I had Beaker in a paper bag and held him up to me. I told Beak I loved him and Jaid peeped and tiled his head. I lost it right then. I explained to him that B wasn't there anymore. The look Jaid gave me broke me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:58 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
You will need a lot of tlc towards yourself. I'd lie if I said that the pain and the feel of loss will disappear, you'll get used to it and hopefully develop your own internal dialogue with B. That's what kept me sane and still does. He will always be with you.

Sometimes I think some of us are too fragile to absorb these tragedies, but our love for our companions does help. It helped me and I feel it will help you as well.

Please don't torture yourself, and remember that he is in good company :)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:58 pm 
Conure
Conure

I'm so, so sorry. You aren't being over dramatic at all. I just don't know. I usually know what to say, but I'm stuck. All these emotions. They ate overpowering. I remember how I have always wanted to see Beaker. He was a celebrity in the bird community. Everyone loved that guy. We still do. I remember I was so jealous because he was such a goofball. My birds were average. You always made me cheer up when I watched videos of him.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 pm 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
Hi Tiffy,

I wish I lived closer to you so you'd have a shoulder to cry on.
I want to hug you and comfort you.

But life goes on. So whilst I'm holding you close to my heart, I'd let some music play that maybe isn't your cup of tea. And I wouldn't let you go untill you're more annoyed with me and the music than what you're feeling after losing B.
I'm a B myself, so I can imagine what it is to lose someone like me... :mrgreen:

RIP B - I'll buy your portion of the lemon-jaid from now on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It's devastating to lose a beloved family member and that's what Beaker was. It's nice that you took Jaid with you to the burial. He doesn't understand what's happening but having him there was meaningful to you.

When I lost Geezer it seemed so unreal that it was two days before I could even cry about it. He was killed flying into window glass, alive one moment and dead the next. It will be very hard when the reality of it starts to sink in, so be prepared for things to get worse before it gets better. Jaid has had a loss too and needs to be comforted, so you can share your love and your grief with him.

If it's possible that this raccoon is still in the area, you need to take precautions in case he decides to come back for more. Even if he's been eliminated, it'll be wise to try to figure out how he got in to prevent any of his buddies from taking the same route.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:28 pm 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
so be prepared for things to get worse before it gets better.

This is very true. I like to keep the phrase "the light is at the end of the tunnel" in mind. It applies very well to cases of grief. I'm still in the shocked phase as well. I feel like I'm dreaming. Just remember, things will ALWAYS get better, no matter how bad it seems.

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next