All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: My sad updates on what is going on with me
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:54 pm 
Chick
Chick

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 1 time
I want to say hi to all of you. I have been having some really bad times for awhile. I got a really nice surprise in my email from Mel asking me to come back. I am borrowing this computer until my computer is rebuilt, which will take a while. I am unable to be on the computer whenever I want because of my computer losing all the stuff on it and it will not even start up anymore. I have my computer problems. I have another major reason for not being on. We lost our granddaughter to oxyxontin overdose, which has really been hard for me. She was 18. I miss her terribly. I also have been having health issues that are seriously bad. I was critical and in the hospital. I have read the rules, per Mel, so I guess under all my circumstances I will not be able to be on the forum any longer. :sorry: I will miss you as I have been missing you. Take care, enjoy your birdies. It was nice being a part of the forum. Lots of love going your way from me. P.S. is there any way I could please have my avatar of my birds. I loved them so much and would love to have that picture of them all on together as it is when I post? It would mean so much to me. The pic below this writing with Newbie, Comic, Cooper and Whitey on it. I know someone made it for me but I have also lost my photos from my computer. This picture has meant so much to me to be able to see my loved birds when I came on here.

Post subject: Re: My sad updates on what is going on with me
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I'm terribly sorry to hear about all the bad things that have been happening, and I hope that the worst is over now and things will be better from now on.

We've been having problems with spammers and that's what the rules are all about. These rules weren't meant to shut out long-time members who aren't able to check in very often, and I for one vote in favor of letting you stay here no matter what.

Here's the location of your avatar: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/ ... /sally.jpg Once you have a functional computer you can save the picture by right clicking on it and choosing "save image" from the menu that pops up. I've also saved a copy of it on my computer so if anything goes wrong it'll still be available. I also have the Memorial files from the old LFB website, and I can give you the pictures from that once you have a working computer to store them on.

We recently posted the information files from the old LFB website on our current website at http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.org/index.html to help people find us in google searches and hopefully join the forum. I've also been adding new articles on "frequently asked question" type topics so I can post a link to them when people ask the questions on other boards. Hopefully we can lure some new members in that way. So be sure to come visit us when you're able - it's possible that things might get lively around here again!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 pm 
Chick
Chick

Thank you so much, tielfan. I don't understand why spammers need to waste their time. I appreciate your offering to let me stay with the forum. If it's okay with others I would like to stay. Today was a better day. Each day is different. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, might know more of how my health is going. You should see my little girl parrotlet that I have. She is a sweetie and so calm. I still have Jack, green cheek conure, Daisy, our meyer and Snuggie, she is my little parrotlets mom. Ariel is Snuggie's baby that is so sweet and gentle. She never bites, ever. I got the mother and baby from a group I am on that needed to rehome them. I wasn't looking to get more but she lives in Wisconsin and wanted to know if I would take them. So I drove the 2 and a half hour trip to get them and bring them home. The mom bites tremendously. LOL So I just let her be. She is happier left alone with her toys. She finally lets me go in her cage without freaking out to change it and add toys, food, water, etc. So that is improvement. Thank you for my pics that you explained how to get them when I can. I really, really appreciate it. I remember crying uncontrollably when someone offered to redo it but I just could not leave that picture go. It just meant so much to me and I love it. It's all I have left of my beautiful birds. Take care everyone. I will check back to see if I can stay a member with you if it is allowed. :thanks:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I'm glad that you still have several birds to love on. A little bird-petting always makes me feel happier and more relaxed! We'd love to see some pictures when things are settled down enough (and your computer is functional enough) for you to show them to us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
old time members sally get um. special certumstances privleges..... it only applys to new members to make sure there not spammers. once we know that we will we want you to stay...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 am 
Chick
Chick

Thank you so much, Mel and tielfan for letting me stay. :applaud: It's hard not knowing if I can use a computer or not. Plus, I have good days and bad with my medical issues. Can never plan on when it is good or not. Hope to be more stable and better soon. I sure would love to show you my little Ariel parrotlet. She is so cute.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]