It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can someone tell me about Mel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I still am active on the other forum. In fact, I think I may be the only active member here that still does since most left. Honestly, I just do it to do it. All of my internet friends have moved over here. I can be more open, honest and joke freely here without the fear of starting something controversial. I still visit the other one because I still have a few friendly faces there. I haven't really had any big problems yet, but I've had at least 2 that ticked me off. Mostly it's just newbies who have many of the same problems, unfortunately. I realize I'm sort just starting to post on threads that interest me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I still lurk around on TC. I'm sort of "the forum ghost." I left a couple of months ago. I actually had some friends over there but I felt like it was worth to just drop it and move on. I don't see too much people active anymore.

When I read all of the threads on this forum and commented on what I can and have no nothing else to do, I like to go on Yahoo! Answers. I get upset sometimes because some people give the worst advise possible. The advise is sometimes going to hurt the owners birds if they follow it. I go on and correct the mistake and tell them the correct information.

For example, someone had a budgie egg and it was 19 days old and was asking if it needed help out. Someone said that you need to wait another week before doing anything.

One thing that was funny was that someone asked what sex was their cockatiel and someone answered "look at the nose and if it's this color, it's a male and if it's this color it's a female." I'm like no, this bird is a cockatiel, not a budgie. You can see that thread here: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 447AAUjMFM

You can probably tell which answer is mine. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Good for you! If it was me, I would have added that checking the cere color works for budgies but not for other species.

I hang out on some bird-related Facebook pages. I actually hate Facebook but that's where most of the action is. Because of this, the American Cockatiel Society asked me to run for their Vice President of Breeding Management and Research. I wasn't a member of the organization at the time and had to join to be eligible for the job lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:37 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I only go on Facebook for the games. I'm on Farmville 2 now. But, I'm in Crazy Bird Ladies, Pionus Parrot Lovers Group, Blue Crown Appreciation Society and Bourke Parakeet Fan Club groups.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:59 am 
Conure
Conure

tielfan wrote:
Good for you! If it was me, I would have added that checking the cere color works for budgies but not for other species.

I hang out on some bird-related Facebook pages. I actually hate Facebook but that's where most of the action is. Because of this, the American Cockatiel Society asked me to run for their Vice President of Breeding Management and Research. I wasn't a member of the organization at the time and had to join to be eligible for the job lol.

Thanks. I feel like I was a little mean when I said that. I just got a little annoyed because I have been on Yahoo! Answers back at 2012 and if you correct someone, the OP just ignores you. I doubt they do it on purpose but I don't want the my have the wrong information. I was trying to make my point stand out. I had another answer that was chosen as the best answer. No one else replied to that thread. I tried to keep answers very simple and to the point. https://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 406AAjscOZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
I was in Susanne's group on Facebook but she kicked me out because I don't participate to threads. I tried to explain to her that in a very technical thread and possibly an emergency I didn't feel appropriate to add my two cents just to add to my post count... But she was adamant so bye bye that group.
I am part of the group of my charity, and I think that's all... The last time I looked at pictures in one of those groups there were parrots chained to their perch. No thanks.
If any of you know of a good one let me know, just keep in mind that my interest is in cockatiels :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Ive left all of them except this one and a P'let forum I help to run.... I got kicked off the same group as you Barbara cos' I didn't answer posts.. most times, it was to technical for me... I like a free and easy place which is fun to come to, but if you have a problem you can get sensible advise
keep going Tielfan :thanks: !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:48 am 
Conure
Conure

I feel like it is really unfair for someone to expect you to answer posts that you don't even know. I think that could lead to spamming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Susanne's management style has changed a lot lately and ICR isn't an open, everybody-welcome group any more. It's become very difficult to join even for people who do have an emergency or who put the stuff on their Facebook page that she asks for. It's more like a private club now which isn't my style, and I don't visit it every day like I used to. But there are still some good conversations there so I still participate sometimes. Mostly when somebody tags me to get my attention lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
Ah well, whatever makes her happy... Not my cup of tea.

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next