It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Why am I getting so sad all of a sudden?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:59 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
So , the aviary project is almost done but lately (starting from yesterday) I was getting really sad. I don't know why, it started when I heard a song that reminded me of waking up at 5:00am and playing with Bio. Then I started thinking about Bio and now I am VERY emotional. I just want to be locked up in my room alone. Maybe it's because I feel bad that we broke all the memories with Bio when we made the new aviary. Now I keep listening to this song that makes everything worse but I can't stop because I feel like it relates to me. I don't even know why I am typing all of this. I feel like I need someone to talk to.

I am also trying to make a video with all the memories with Bio. I don't really know how to do it. I made it a half job. I posted the video but there is no sound. I was planning on putting that song that makes me sad.

Post subject: Re: Why am I getting so sad all of a sudden?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm 
Conure
Conure

Also guys, I am going through a very delicate stage right now. I have been on other forums and I am basically traumatized. Anything can make me burst right now. I'm sorry :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I remember when Teak died, I took his body into my room and sobbed on his belly. I held it in so nobody would see how vulnerable I was and I just exploded tears when I was alone. He was a very close buddy of mine. I rescued him from so much hardship and he really loved everybody. All my budgies and me. He started my bird love. Never bit me. Ever. He was so energetic, spunky and funny. I was devastated when he died. I was typing up a memorial for him and was watching videos of him on YouTube when right when I finished, an advertisement interrupted the video. It was the song I heard on TV before I walked in and found him passed away. I cried after that. Sad thing is, now I can't remember what song it was.

Point is, we all get sad. It's very natural. I'm always here for a private talk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It's OK, this is a time of transition and changes are stressful, even good ones. You've wanted this aviary for a long time but didn't really expect to get it, so it's kind of overwhelming that you DID get it and you aren't quite sure yet whether it'll be as wonderful as you hoped it would be. You mentioned in your other thread that you need some time to get used to it, so there's obviously a little doubt and second thoughts going on here. But it's normal to have feelings like that, and when you do get used to it I think you'll be very happy overall. Possibly not completely 100% satisfied, because of the natural limitations and compromises involved in a project like this, but you'll be happier than you were with the old aviary.

You might not have the old aviary any more but that doesn't take anything away from your memories of Bio. You still have those memories in your heart. Some good things happened in that aviary, but some bad things happened there too and you also have to carry those memories around. That aviary was dangerous, and replacing it will help protect your birds so your future memories will be good.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
P.S. Bio's children and his mate will have safer lives because of the new aviary. Bio would totally approve of that! If Bio himself was still with you, he would live in the new aviary too and would love it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:47 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
At least you have a reason or a trigger for feeling sad!
At your age I used to go to my room, put on Joni Mitchell and stare at the ceiling for hours. Reason? None. I just felt sad and wanted to be left alone.
Sometimes when we complete something it makes us sad, I think it's because from being something projected in the future it becomes something of the past. But you can keep it constantly alive, something to look forward, adding small side projects to it.
Just an idea, Baruch, I personally hate when things become the past

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Your feelings are all part of life...
look, forward and not back, we cant change what has happened... also its an anti climax your aviary being nearly finished, you've wanted it for so long,now its nearly done, your feeling deflated...
don't put the music on, when you feel like you do go chat to your birds... or do something to take your mind off it... you sound quite young in age, maybe its your hormones running wild...
As for the other forums upsetting you, don't go there....till you can stand your ground.
It will pass...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:44 am 
Conure
Conure

Thank you guys so much! I don't think I ever felt on this level of sadness. I don't have any appetite to eat and I went to back at 11:00pm but couldn't sleep until 2:00am, but then woke up at 5:55am. All your posts made me feel so much better. I guess only time will heal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Hi, Baruch.

I know how hard it is to feel sad. I've been through some rough periods. I'm feeling a bit sad the last couple of days. I feel a little bit lonely, and it's hard for me to make phone calls. I have never understood why.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:14 am 
Conure
Conure

Thank you, Dianne. I can totally relate. It's very hard.

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next