Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Im back (or i hope so)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Hi my Name is Melissa short is Mel. I used to run this forum with the other admins.
Glad to see it is finally lively :applaud: I havent been on in a long time becuse i do not have a bird, i dont even have a pet. I had a cat but he had to be put to sleep several years ago, i do got a pet tree i geuss you can count him (lol).
Im thinking of getting another bird, my friends i live with have a son who plays hockey. so we had to go out of town several times a month, but now he is in colledge. so he decided he dident want to play any more (much to his dads disapointment). so now i can get a pet. i am just not sure what, i know i do not want a cockatiel, becuse i had them b4 and i dont want to ossociate them with my old birds. Open to idea, right now my only idea is a caique or a sun conure. but i wont even start saving for one till after xmas.

:blobg: :bloby:

Post subject: Re: Im back (or i hope so)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Yay! Welcome back. I have always wanted to talk to you in this forum. It's going great! I hope you can get a bird and join in on the fun here. What type of pet tree do you have? Hehe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 47 times
Got happy chirps: 10 times
How about a turquoise green cheek conure. I hear they loved to be handled and are not as noisy as some of the conures. I have been dreaming about one for a long time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Hi Mel, welcome back! I don't know what to recommend bird-wise because I think cockatiels are the best birds ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
Hey Mel, so happy to finally speak with you (sort of), you are a bit of a mythical figure that used to be here and then no more so that left many of us with the desire of meeting you one day.
Birdwise I agree with tielfan, tiels are the best ever... The cross between goofiness and sweetness is for me irresistible.
I guess you are in the US, but just to drool and think a little bit about possible other species why don't you go to Birdline UK Parrot Rescue? There are so many types! You might get some idea :)
This was a shameless plug lol but the birds are very cute...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Barbara wrote:
The cross between goofiness and sweetness is for me irresistible.

And the mischief. They are very naughty things.

Hello Mel. You are like some sort of myth around here. Budgies are fun too. They like to dance and chatter. Mine aren't tame, but I'm sure a tame one would be a blast if you're willing to try something different. I always say I don't really like budgies, but for some reason I keep getting more. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

My pet tree named Spider is a bottle neck or elephants food tree, they are desert tree so since i live in place that can be cold he lives in doors.Image

Lol i feel a bit embrassed not sure how i became a myth around here, dunno if that is good or bad thing.

I dident mean to abonen the forum, but i think after i lost my birds was pretty hard seeing pictures of cockatiels. And my life became kinda crazy.

At the time i was living with my sister.. who after loosing her job becuse she couldent wake up in time decided to tell our manager we were moving out then txt me saying come get my stuff without even talking to me about it first. Few months b4 this i lost my cat he was 14yrs old had him 4 half my life. So i moved in with my friend tj n his family have taken me in. Then they lost there house so we had to move few times.
And we almost had to move again cuse his business partner pays our rent [they run limo company] and wanted somewhere cheaper n to store limos while new property is being build. Luckly he dident find nothing so we get to stay.

I run a guild on a video game that keeps me busy.

This forum was dead b4 glad its alive n happy.

Dunno why everyone wanted to talk to me or how i became a legend but feel free to msg me or ask me anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I even made a thread asking about you. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1897

I honestly think cockatiels are the best! They are the perfect size. Extremely sweet and very cheeky. I know you had a bad expirence because your boss exterminated your house for bugs without knowing that the fumes are toxic for cockatiels. It's okay. It wasn't your fault because he didn't let you know. It was something unpreventable. I can understand if you still don't want another one. It was a harsh expirence :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:04 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Ahh wow. Ill try n b more active weather i get another bird or not. Just not sure where to start

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:38 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
:welcome: I must be the only one who hasn't heard about you.. sorry!. lovely to have you back...
You asked about a pet... how about a Parrotlet, just one.. they are feisty, small, interesting, and totally different from a tiel..
I have 3 P'lets... the males are nicest.. they don't need much space, are very quiet, so no problems from neighbours, and so adaptable. If you had a young P'let he could be well trained to suit your way of life.. I see your point, when anything happens to my 2 tiels I shall not have another...
What size of bird did you think to have?
Hope your here to stay...

Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next