Page 6 of 6 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Music?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
That was a professional orchestra lol. I won't have a recording of us until the middle of May and trust me, we won't sound nearly that good. The only requirement for joining is that you have an instrument and pay a small fee - you don't have to prove that you can actually play the instrument, and some people (including me) learned how to do it while sitting in the orchestra.

I play clarinet. There are 10 other clarinet players too but none of them are named John. The guy who sits next to me is a retired doctor but his name is Tom.

If your son takes band when he reaches middle school age he might be interested in joining us. If anyone else in the family plays an instrument they could join too. We usually have at least one parent and child set in the orchestra, and a lot of times our youngest member will be in the 9-11 age range. The main concept of the group is to have an intergenerational orchestra where everyone has fun, not necessarily to sound great. I think we actually do pretty well considering what we are and how low our admission standards are, but we're light years away from sounding like a professional orchestra.

Page 6 of 6 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6