All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: About veterinarians
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:36 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
I recently went to a new vet clinic. there are 2 owners (both males) and 2 ladies (but both ladies don't work with small animals). Both men do work with my type of pets. At my original visit I saw one of them, ironically his brother runs the vet clinic I was going to previously. I told that I was his brother's client (maybe I shouldn't have said that).
Anyway, he was OK but not very great (and he said one absurd thing about rabbits). Another day I came with the question, and he was off that day, so I talked to the second owner. I liked him much, much better (the way how attentive he was to my problem, and more knowledgeable too). The problem is that the first vet called me and asked how the pet was doing... he is considering me HIS client, while I really want to switch to his colleague (I plan to spay both female buns there, and Thumperina has ongoing urine scald).
How do I do it without offending the first guy? I am trying to find out his schedule and come when he is off, but they said he works almost every day.

Post subject: Re: About veterinarians
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
My suggestion would be to talk to the vet you want to switch to and ask him what's the best way to go about it. He's the business partner of the vet that you want to get away from, so he ought to have a pretty good idea of how the guy would respond.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:57 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Carolyn, thank you. that place is totally crazy. they are low cost, they are full of people starting 8am and way past 6pm when they are supposed to close. I was talking to the vet at 6.40pm one time. I was scared that my rabbits would die of a scare heart attack from all the huge dogs and cats that fill very small waiting room. Every time I go, there is a lot of heartbreak for me (not even related to my pets!)... they put pets to sleep and we watch people leaving in tears, and then we watch that pet being carried out wrapped in the blanket. another time I talked to a guy next to me, he had a small dog and he was there to remove stitches he said. he showed me the stitches.. at first I looked at the stitches and I wasn't realizing what I was looking at, and finally I realized the dog was missing a limb - it was amputated. Then I asked the guy how come, and he said she fractured her leg so bad that it would take $3000 to fix it and he made hard decision to amputate. I was stupid enough to ask how she fractured, and he said he sat on the dog (or fell, I can't recall) and that he felt so bad.
I was even thinking not to go to that place at all anymore and switch back to his brother, whose clinic had 0 patients last time I stopped by. But the cost of spay is only $85 compared to over $200 at another place... so I guess I will finish with the spay there.
I just mean that talking to any vet there isn't very easy. Plus, it's a good drive from me. I will see. I will try to come on the day the first guy is off, and then talk to his partner about spay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:06 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

the reason I don't trust the guy as much as I trust another guy:
he said - your rabbit has no cancer. I asked how he was so sure and he said that cancer is very rare in rabbits, which is totally a BS (opposite). He also said he would feel nervous "spaying such a big, no so young, rabbit"
Another vet at least knew that unspayed rabbits are extremely prone to uterine cancer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:00 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Wow sounds scary.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]