Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: I want a dog!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Any dog owners here? My parents will not let me have one but I am going to adopt one when I live in my own apartment. I want a golden retriever.

Post subject: Re: I want a dog!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:13 am 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
CrazyConure wrote:
Any dog owners here? My parents will not let me have one but I am going to adopt one when I live in my own apartment. I want a golden retriever.

I used to own 2 Jack russells one names Roxie and Rocky.Roxie was hit by a car so we got Rocky and same thing happened.Roxie almost killed Tiko once and Rocky was kinda ok with them but he kept jumping on Tikos cage because he wanted to play with her and one time I fell asleep and left the budgies cage open and when I woke up Joey my male budgie was on the floor and Rocky beside him Lucky he didnt do anything.I like parrots more than dogs they live longer and are fun pets and easy to care for.Dogs are great but I dont think I would own one again after that maybe when im older and live in a better area.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:02 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I own a dog! :D He's a little terrier mix, who's a rescue.

If you plan on getting a dog, I would suggest adopting from a rescue. They have so many dogs, that some found as stray, some taken out o abusive situations, and some just given up because people don't want them anymore. Most of the time, you find lots of mixed breeds, but every once in a while, you get a purebred there (unless if it's the rescues here in AZ, then majority of it is pitbulls).

Good luck trying to have a big dog in an apartment though. It's tough, since big dogs usually need a lot of exercise. Golden Retrievers do have a reputation of being gentle, but even they require training, or else they can be destructive (all dogs are like that, actually). Of course, you can always find the exception of a dog that is somehow naturally amazing and calm. I've ran into a few dogs like that at the local pound. (though mine still needs some work done :lol:)

Did I mention that he's photogenic when he wants to be (Which is almost never)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
As we all know, I don't really like dogs. However, mama had a dog before I was born. He was a golden retriever named Zack. Best dog ever. That is no exaggeration coming from someone who isn't crazy about dogs. That dog wouldn't hurt a fly. Loved everybody, people, cats, dogs, horses; every living thing. He loved to jump in the pool and swim if we were in the pool. He would put his head on my high chair table and watch me eat, but would never do a thing. Just watch. If someone offered him food, then he would take it, but other than that, he would just stare. He had this odd quirk about him. He always had to have something in his mouth. Often times, you would see him with a leaf in his mouth. I really miss Zacky, but sadly, I don't remember him well. All other dogs seem like they could never fill Zack's place, in fact, they kind of annoy me. Zack is the one and only dog I'll truly ever love. So, I do have to say, after all that, I do love golden retrievers, but having one in an apartment like Jessi said, might not work so great. Zack was old, but active.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I can manage caring for a dog in an apartment. I don't want kids. I don't mind getting married one day but definitely no kids for me. If I would have a kid, it would only be one but that's if something really changes my mind. I really like walking pets. I have heard of people living with golden retrievers in apartments. There is a dog park that's literally a few houses down the apartment I want so there's no problem there. I am obviously not going to get a dog until I get everything straightened out (collage, jobs, paying for rent and stuff like that) I'm have problems at home about religion. I secretly converted to atheist when my parents are strictly religious and it gets a bit tough at times (they don't know but they can probably tell.) I sometimes want to move out and just start my life but I can't until I'm 18 because I can't just start my life from nothing while going to school at the same time (very tough). I'm just going to suck it up until I can move out and start from there.

For now, I will just go to the dog park and play with the dogs there (rescue is a bit too far to walk there.)

JessiMuse: you're really lucky to own a dog. I have wanted one way before i got into birds but never succeeded at convincing them. I am lucky they let me have a bird though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:05 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
CrazyConure wrote:
I can manage caring for a dog in an apartment. I don't want kids. I don't mind getting married one day but definitely no kids for me. If I would have a kid, it would only be one but that's if something really changes my mind. I really like walking pets. I have heard of people living with golden retrievers in apartments. There is a dog park that's literally a few houses down the apartment I want so there's no problem there. I am obviously not going to get a dog until I get everything straightened out (collage, jobs, paying for rent and stuff like that) I'm have problems at home about religion. I secretly converted to atheist when my parents are strictly religious and it gets a bit tough at times (they don't know but they can probably tell.) I sometimes want to move out and just start my life but I can't until I'm 18 because I can't just start my life from nothing while going to school at the same time (very tough). I'm just going to suck it up until I can move out and start from there.

For now, I will just go to the dog park and play with the dogs there (rescue is a bit too far to walk there.)

JessiMuse: you're really lucky to own a dog. I have wanted one way before i got into birds but never succeeded at convincing them. I am lucky they let me have a bird though.

Why do u not wanna have kids lol I would love to have kids.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Personal preference. I don't want kids either, but I definitely want to get married.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I may as well let you guys know that whatever you think about wanting or not wanting kids when you're a teenager may not be what you'll do in the long run (as long as you're not actively trying to have them WHILE you're a teenager). People change a LOT as they mature, and the things you want right now are probably different in many ways from what you're going to want 10 or more years from now. Ditto for pets and jobs and all kinds of things. When you reach the point where you can actually make your own choices without needing the permission of your parents, you may choose something different than what you want right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Well, I'm turning 18 in 2 weeks, so technically I would be a legal adult, but I get what you're saying. I don't know though, I'm pretty hard headed and not that good with kids, so I still think I won't have any. My longstanding issue with children is I want them to stay under the age of 5, and that's not going to happen. I wonder if that's why I like birds. Intelligent creatures that act 2 years old for 30 years. Hmm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I myself thought about having a kid in the future, before. Of course, I would like to make sure I was financially stable enough to provide for a child

Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next