Page 1 of 8 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: THE FORUM IS BACK!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:00 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Good news everyone. LFB is finally back. We had a few bumps but we are good forever! I'm having a party, enjoy some ice cream, and celebrating this moment.

Hopefully members start coming back now!!

We are celebrating the Brand (term used when a Brandon gets banned off a forum) of Brandon. 4th forum and counting lol.

Last edited by Feathers on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: THE FORUM IS BACK!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Pop open the champagne!! I want the bubbly. I can return. :D My birds are still well. Sorry I haven't been on much, but you know how it is. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:08 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I've never used this before, but I think I'll just leave this here:
:fireworks2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Neither have I. Let's have a smiley party!!

:woohoo1: :bliss100: :cheery: :blobg: :woohooban: :fireworks: :fireworks2: :fireworks2: :penghappy-feet: :parrot35: :bopdancing:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I've been worried about the unpleasant atmosphere on the group, but I was mainly concerned about it scaring off new members. I didn't realize it was keeping the long-term members away too. But I did notice that the conversation blossomed when the Dear Departed was on moderation, and figured there was a connection. I would have done something sooner if I'd realized how bad the problem was.

Hopefully we'll never have an issue like this again. But if things ever gets so bad that you don't want to participate in the group, please let me know. I want this group to be populated with nice people. The birds of the not-so-nice people need all the help they can get so we'll do what we can for them, but not at the expense of ruining the group for everybody else.

Now I have to figure out how to make the word "banned" show up next to somebody's name. We've never needed that function before and the board doesn't seem to be set up for it at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:08 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
:dance: :cheery: :excited001: :woohoo1:
Joining the party but sad in a way for someone to be so antisocial.....
Can't post the explosions as mine won't work......
Good job c
Carolyn...... :bloby:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:24 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Erik
Gave happy chirps: 113 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
I was silent the whole time... I was like a gossip lady hiding behind the sheets watching as everything went down (If that makes any sense).

I found it amazing that Carolyn went defense mode. Someone so kind and devoted to keeping peace between all of us couldn't resist it anymore. That's how bad things were. He HAD to go.

It'll be hard to get used to not having to look for something worthy of reading between all the "spamming" that was going on. But it'll be our 2012 ending; where everything was new again. From scratch. Year 1. Cheers y'all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Ill admit i was quiet fot while n almost didn't want to be herr because of him. But then decided to just ignore him. But his trolling definitely made me unhappy. Im glad hes gone. I know what its like to not be liked, but even i had only so much patience. Had to boot him from my fb toy group 4 giving dangerous advise. Then after hes banned here, he harass me on fb about it so i blocked him. After saying if he wasent a role people would of liked him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I want this group to be a safe place for people to ask questions, even the people who get dumped on in other places because they aren't the world's best bird-keepers. Birds who belong to a not-great owner need help too, maybe more than the ones with good owners. But the group members need to fundamentally have good intentions, and chronic troublemakers have no place here. I knew he was a chronic troublemaker but for a long time he did most of it on other boards and did a better job of keeping a lid on it here. But the lid was starting to come off, and I wasn't going to let him run amok here like he did on other groups. It was time for him to go.

There are two possible reasons for why he causes so much trouble everywhere he goes: either he knows what he's doing and thinks it's fun, or his social skills are so poor that he can't understand why he offends people so much. We'll never know for sure, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing. Stirring things up and then playing the innocent misunderstood victim. This is pathetic behavior either way and I felt kind of sorry for him. He indicated elsewhere on the board that he doesn't have any friends in the real world, which is believable based on the way he treats people online. He's obviously not popular with people online either. But it's his own doing, and people who behave badly won't learn to behave better as long as the bad behavior is tolerated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:17 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Best to forget about theBrandons of this world and enjoy
the forum you've achieved for us all thanks....

Page 1 of 8 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next