Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Obi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Actually, there's Bob too. Can't remember his username but he's the one with a few aviaries, consisting of cockatiels, budgies, finches and canaries. Haven't seen him in a while though. And also Erik (JustCoco!)... There's a few male members on here, though they're not as active.

But yes, that is what I'm talking about. :P Specifically the irritability and the tendency to be a little more sensitive than usual. Sometimes I can be semi-tolerable to other people, and other times it would be like "don't talk to me or I will destroy you" for the entire week of endurance. Very frustrating to me because sometimes I can tell when I'm like this but can't really help it no matter how much I try to control my temper which is very short during those times.

So I wonder if that would be the way with hormone-induced bird aggression? If sometimes their behavior might be more affected than other times?
Hm, I wonder what it feels like to them... Lucy seems to be apologetic sometimes when she acts a little bratty (will be extra cuddly seconds or minutes later), be it hormones, molting or who knows what, so I wonder if they have a certain awareness to their behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:08 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
JessiMuse wrote:
But yes, that is what I'm talking about. :P Specifically the irritability and the tendency to be a little more sensitive than usual. Sometimes I can be semi-tolerable to other people, and other times it would be like "don't talk to me or I will destroy you" for the entire week of endurance. Very frustrating to me because sometimes I can tell when I'm like this but can't really help it no matter how much I try to control my temper which is very short during those times.

So I wonder if that would be the way with hormone-induced bird aggression? If sometimes their behavior might be more affected than other times?
Hm, I wonder what it feels like to them... Lucy seems to be apologetic sometimes when she acts a little bratty (will be extra cuddly seconds or minutes later), be it hormones, molting or who knows what, so I wonder if they have a certain awareness to their behavior.

Oddly enough, I don't get irritable. I'm actually a very relaxed person in general, so even then, I still don't get like that. I guess I can be a bit short though. But mostly I just get very weepy.

But yes, I actually do agree. Jaid can be a little monster when he's hormonal. For instance, when I ask him to step up. He'll hiss and bite, but then if I insist, he does it no problem, and just bows his head. I've noticed something similar with Danny. He's not been hormonal yet, but I do notice he is very observant of his own behavior. If he bites me too hard (he's grown to know what is too hard), he'll back off and bow his head.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I do think that it's different with birds. Humans are just being grouchy. Birds are defending their nest, so there's actually a purpose to their behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:38 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
It's all so long ago ......I can't remember
what it felt like......Lol :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:46 am 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
JessiMuse wrote:
Actually, there's Bob too.

As I'm back I hope nobody is stressing out on hormonal behaviour anymore... I might run off again, scared. So please be gentle...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
Sorry for not knowing (new here!) but what species is Obi and how old is he? It might not make much difference but some species in particular can be quite difficult when they're hormonal and when the hormones kick in at a certain age they can be downright evil :roll:

As for PMT, I'm the worst. Jack tries to avoid me a few days before and he certainly knows when it's here. The best thing is, he will ask me and I'll still snap like I'm in shock that he knows but it's not like I can deny it. STOP BEING RIGHT! I'm dreadful haha :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Obi is a cockatiel. Not the world's most terrifying bird, but they can still be obnoxious when they're hormonal. :bigsmile100:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
I was thinking it may have been a parrotlet so it wouldn't have surprised me in that case :lol: Cockatiels are the worst for beak slaps! An angry cockatiel will beak slap and screech, act all tough and then ask for scritches afterwards haha!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:47 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Yes 2 of my p'lets are nasty.....crocodiles....
Obi has settled... seems like it could have been
Me moving his cage 6feet....he's back in his original
place and peaceful again....long may it last

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2