Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do you support PETA?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:00 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Lately I have been watching a lot of PETA and I don't know what to think anymore. Do you support PETA? Do you like what they do?

Post subject: Re: Do you support PETA?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
No. PETA's ultimate goal is to prevent humans from interacting with animals in any way. No pets, no zoos, no meat, eggs or milk, no other animal products like wool or leather. They don't like people doing conservation work if it involves any handling of the animals. They're even anti-Pokemon because it involves catching cartoon animals. Until they succeed in eliminating pets, they think that pet dogs and cats should be forced to eat a vegan diet - no meat even for natural carnivores.

Meanwhile they're actively opposed to the no-kill shelter movement, and PETA kills 96% of the real animals that are turned over to them. They're not interested in saving animals, just in making sure that humans don't mess with them. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j- ... 79220.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:16 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Eh, I only follow them for vegetarian recipes. Other than that, not really. They have killer recipes though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another group to beware of is the Humane Society of the United States. It's not a real humane society that actually helps animals in trouble - it's a radical animal rights organization masquerading as a humane society in order to get contributions that they use to try to eliminate any human contact with animals. They're considered to be as bad as PETA, but sneakier about what they're doing. Here's an article about them and their goals: https://www.facebook.com/events/1735404793375475/

And another one for good measure: https://www.activistfacts.com/organizat ... ed-states/

Plus one from the same website on PETA: https://www.activistfacts.com/?s=peta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:15 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Wow. I didn't know that. I see a lot of people against them and now I know why. Thank you for the explanation. I really appreciate it. :)

If anyone has any contradicting/supporting ideas, please, let them flow. Discussion is healthy for everyone as long as it doesn't get too heated. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are people who support PETA if the letters stand for People Eating Tasty Animals.

:roffle: :roffle: :roffle:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:48 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
I personally like what they stand for in terms of ending the exploitation of animals (such as battery farming and such) but I DETEST them themselves with a passion

1 - No human and animal interaction

2 - Kill all the strays! It's better (easier?) than finding them a new home

3 - Captive exotics are better off dead than living in captivity

4 - Our shelters are kill shelters... we dump the animals in bins round the back!

5 - Radical OTT views and straight up slate people who still eat meat etc.

6 - Think that all pit bulls should die. No joke. They are all for Breed Specific Legislation which is REVOLTING and shameful. So many families torn apart because of those stupid laws

I personally try to avoid eating meat or animal products. I want to have my own chickens so I know where my eggs are coming from. I've never been big on meat but that's just me. I will not, however, ram my views down peoples throats

PETA, imo, act like they love animals but they don't. Their views are beyond barbaric and they think they're doing good for the world and animals by euthanizing them. I've also literally seen some of their campaigns fat shaming and everything. You're fat unless you're vegan basically haha

JUST MY OPINIONS AND I'M SORRY IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THEM OR AGREE WITH THEM! I've been following PETA for years thinking that they were GOOD but over time I've noticed things that have made me completely distrust them all together

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I totally agree with the idea of stopping animal abuse, but I have a very different idea of what abuse is than these radical animal rights organizations do. They seem to think that abuse means any contact whatsoever with an animal, and never mind the fact that a lot of pets get more love and better care than half the children in the world.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]