Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: my cat and fleas @)@
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:53 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
my cat simon is almost 11yrs old. and he hasent eating in a few days. so i gave him a bath yesterday and the water turned orange/brown and he kept laying down in the tub and panting a bit then he would jump out and he usully dosent do any thing like that. so i been freaking out. becuise before liberty died she started acting wierd.so today i bathed him with flea shampoo and he did the same thing. and he is not eaying he will drink a lil..... i tried putting food in his mouth and he spit it out. some one said he is acting like that becuse of fleas just laying under my bed. like advantage only comes in box's now and its 45.00-50.00 for 3-4 doses. plus that would be same for the dog. and then we would need to get the house bombed which is another 20-30.00 he dosent even go outside. and man i dun got any money. and my sister dosent get paid till next wk. sorry im pretty stressed out about this. and been in tears some. @_@

Post subject: Re: my cat and fleas @)@
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Wow, that doesn't sound good. I don't know much about cats so I can't advise. If you don't have money for a vet, could you at least find one who would talk to you a little on the phone? Or find a cat forum and ask for advice? Even talk to the humane society? Because I've never heard of fleas making an animal behave like that, not that I know much about what fleas do. The problem might be something else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

we took him and they said we need 800 to start

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I didn't understand what you meant. 800 dollars?? I'm not familiar with vet costs for mammals, but that's a LOT of money so it sounds like something more than just flea treatment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 pm 
Chick
Chick

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 1 time
Mel, I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It does not sound good to me. It sounds like something is wrong with him. I'm so sorry. I know you must feel terrible. I think the 800 is for all the tests they will do on him. It's very expensive. Years ago, our cat was sick, she was getting older and we took her to the vet. She had water on her heart. We spent $320.00 on her vet bills only to have to put her to sleep because it did not help. Then we had to pay to have her put to sleep. It's very sad but if there is no improvement then you pay all that money for getting nothing back. I hope your cat will be alright. I will be praying for Simon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:09 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

800 dollars was for the TESTS not the cure. 1800.00 was for every thing.
my friend got approved for the credit card so we took him back to the vet. and it ended up being 980 instead of 800. i dun care tho. and they gave him the blood transfusion his blood lvl still isant normal but its alot better then what it was. and they found fluid around his lungs. but they took some out and send it to the lap so hopefully its not serious and its just an infection he will have to take medication in it. so far we had to fork over 1200.00 but i dont know what the full thing will be becuse they might have to do an ultrasound and subscribe medievcene and then he will have to go back to the normal vet for more xrays maybe >_> i am just happy he might come home tomorrow. :worship:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]