Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to post pictures
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
At present, the forum does not allow attachments due to concerns about the amount of server space this would require. Instead, pictures need to be posted online somewhere else, and then you can display them here by linking to them in a post.

There are a variety of places where you can post photos online for free. I can't begin to describe them all, but Photobucket is the site that has been most popular with our group members. http://s76.photobucket.com/

I won't try to describe all the steps, since they change over time anyway. If you have specific questions, just ask and we'll do our best to help you based on how Photobucket is working at the time you ask. But in general you register and log in, and then you can upload your photos. Once you've done this, click on the photo you want to share and a bigger version will be displayed, with codes for different types of sharing on the side. If you copy the IMG code, it has the image tags already built in. You can just simply paste this code onto LFB without doing anything else. The Direct code can also be used if you add your own image tags (see next paragraph), and the other Photobucket codes don't work well for posting pictures on LFB.

For any picture URL that doesn't already have image tags built into it, you will have to add your own. This is pretty easy. When you're typing a post, there is a row of buttons above the box you're writing in. One of them says image. Click on this button and the words image and /image will appear, with brackets around them. Insert the URL for the picture between these tags.

The following example will intentionally use the wrong type of brackets, since they won't show up on screen if I use the right kind. You've hit the Image button and now it says <image></image> on the screen. After you've put the address in it will look like this: <image>address</image>. There's another button for video that can be used the same way to display online videos.

I'll add information below for special situations as it becomes available.

Google Photos is a special situation. It is not designed to make it easy to embed photos on a forum or website, but I was able to find a way to make it work. Here are the steps:

In Google Photos, find the Sharing Options command and copy the "link to share" address

Go to
https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=1. ... 1490483464

Paste the address into the box and click "Generate Code"
When it's done the page will scroll down to two boxes.
Copy the code in the box for Direct Link URL

Go to LFB, click the Image button and paste the Direct Link URL code between the tags.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]