It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Searching through my threads?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:28 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
This is a feature I would very much appreciate. Most forums have a button that you click to see all threads you’ve made. I see a button for all the specific posts I’ve made, but I also would like one for threads. Is it possible to ever add this? Maybe we already do but I just don’t see it? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Searching through my threads?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
There's a way to do it now, but it's not real obvious. It would take a vast amount of effort to make it more user-friendly so I'm not gonna try lol.

To find your old posts:
Click on your own name in the member list or in a thread so your User Profile pops up. You'll see some statistics on your total posts, and a small link saying search user posts. Click on it and you'll get a list, with a search box available if you want to look for something specific.

Here's a direct link to yours: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4393

Alternatively, you can go into your user control panel and click on overview. There's a "show your posts" link under the activity heading. But the way this option displays is a lot different than the previous technique, and might not be as satisfactory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am 
Conure
Conure

I know how to search for posts, but what I was trying to do was to look through my threads. I made about 3,000+ posts. It would be a little hard to scan through it to see the threads I made.

So, there isn’t a way to add it? I can go on phpbb (like I did when we wanted to get more emojis) and see if there’s a walkthrough to add a users threads button. You don’t have to do it, of course. I just felt like this feature can help me (and maybe others) out if I needed to see a previous topic I/someone else made.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you tried using the search box that only looks within your own posts? I find that it works pretty well. But it refuses to look for words that you've used too many times. For example if I look for lovebird within my own threads I'll get a list, but if I look for cockatiel it says no way Jose.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 am 
Conure
Conure

Yes. I saw the search button, but sometimes I want to take a trip down memory lane. It’s ok though, don’t worry about it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want memory lane, you can just follow the link to all your posts and flip through the pages in a semi-random way. Look at page 1, then page 6, then page 11, that sort of thing. Looking at all of them would be a nuisance, but looking at one here and there is more interesting.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]