Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: website updated
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:57 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
well the main page and the pc area have been updated. but for some reason i dont know the entire creative center is gone. i managed to find one toy with instructions on the old forum but i had like a big list b4. and its like some one went in and deleted it all. i dont know what happened. :shrug: so i will put that one toy up and when we get more i will update it. ill also update the pic on the main page.

Post subject: Re: website updated
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

p.s. any one know how i can get ahold of bea?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Bea owns the forum at http://talkcockatiels.com/forum.php so you can reach her there. FYI her cockatiel Cookie just came home from the vet hospital after a bad accident.

Do you have a copy of the webpages that disappeared? I checked my files and I don't have anything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

P.S. The website looks great!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:55 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

really that suks wut happened?

nu i dun got a copy i dun know some one seemed 2 delete them.

thanks, still working on creative center,
p.s.
i need names of ur birds in winning pc for august 08, june 08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:55 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

okay well i finished the creative center. i dont have any thing else to add. ill contct bea for some toys instructions like she gave me b4 if shes willing. but for bird gyms it was all on the old site and i dont have it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The birds in the PC photo are Boogie, Woogie, and Biff. I'm not sure which one is on the bottom but it has to be Boogie or Woogie.

I had a PM with toy instructions stored on the old forum and it was still there. I can't get the PM system on the new forum to work so I'll post the information here for you to copy if you like:

Double ring cockatiel swing:

Two 9-inch willow wreaths
Bird-safe string or craft lace
Large and small beads
Raffia
C-clip or other hardware for hanging

Tie string or lace to one of the wreaths. Pass the string through large beads, then tie the remaining end of the string to the remaining wreath. (The purpose of the beads is to create space between the wreaths to prevent toe-pinching.) Optional: you can wrap any exposed string with raffia at this point to reduce chewing.

Attach decorative items and toys. The swing in the picture has several strands of raffia tied to the sides with a small bead tied to the end of each strand, but you can use other small items like bells and munch balls. The toys and the wreaths are great fun to chew on, so be prepared to repair or replace various items.

Attach hanging hardware at the top. The swing in the picture used a plastic electrical tie passed around the wreath and through a metal ring, and a pear clip through the metal ring.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Coconut forager:

1/2 of a coconut shell, clean and with all edible material removed
1 plastic ring, wide enough to be a comfortable perch and with enough center space to hold the coconut shell. A knitting loom was used in the picture.
Bird-safe rope, string, and/or plastic chain
Beads and other toys/decorative items
Hardware for hanging: the model used a 1-inch-diameter metal ring, a pear clip, and plastic electrical ties.

Drill a hole in the bottom of the coconut shell and more holes (at least four) at regular intervals near the rim. Pass a rope through the hole in the bottom of the shell and tie a knot in the rope as close to the shell as possible, both inside and outside, so the coconut shell can't slide up and down on the rope. The coconut shell will serve as a bowl in the completed toy, so keep that in mind when you choose your rope placement. The rope length above the bowl should accomodate easy hanging; the rope length below the bowl should provide some weight for stability when your bird starts climbing on the coconut shell.

Important! Attach large beads to the rope at frequent intervals. Birds can easily get tangled up in a length of plain string or rope, but adding the beads makes it nearly impossible for this to happen. Tie a small metal ring for hanging at the top end of the rope.

Attaching the coconut shell to the large plastic ring:
Tie a short piece of string to one of the holes drilled near the rim of the coconut shell. Pass the string through one or more beads so that the string in the 'air space' between the coconut and the ring is covered. Tie the other end of the of string to the plastic ring and trim off any excess string. Repeat this process with all the remaining holes in the shell.

You can attach bead strings or other toys to the plastic ring if desired.

Attach three equal lengths of plastic chain at equal distances around the plastic ring using plastic electrical ties. Hook the top ends of the chain onto a pear clip or c-clip, and hook the metal ring on top of the rope onto it too.

Hang up the forager and fill the coconut with treats and/or small toys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Construction paper shredder:
Several sheets of paper
Bird-safe string
Pear clip or c-clip for hanging

Fold paper in half along the short side or the long side, depending on how long you want the strips to be. Cut into thin strips, making sure to choose the direction that will give you pre-folded strips. The job will be much easier if you use a paper slicer instead of scissors; cheap ones are available at office supply stores.

Stack up some of the paper strips so that the folds are basically together and you have an inverted V shape. Tie string around the folded part of the paper bunch, tightly enough that pieces won't fall out easily but not so tightly that it tears the paper. You want to end up with the knot on top of the fold and an approximately equal amount of loose string on each side of the knot.

Pick up some more paper strips and put the folds together as you did in the previous step. Put the fold line of this bunch on top of the string on the previous bunch, but change the angle so that the new bunch is hanging down in a different direction. Tie the string around the new bunch.

Repeat the previous step until you run out of paper. Tie a pear clip at the top and trim off any excess string.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

P.S. I have a copy of the old, old version of the website. So I can provide the playgym stuff, although it isn't formatted to match the new layour.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

P.S. again: Argh, the pictures are getting cut off in the toy instructions. If you right-click on the picture and "copy image address" you can paste the url in the address box and go to the full picture on Photo Bucket.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:30 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

wow ur awsome. :cheery: i will work on these as soon as i can. yeah play gym stuff would be awsome, i dun really need it in the old format. i just need pics and info and i copy it into the new one. thank for posting the new pics, i looked in pm and dident have any. :fit: so glad some one is thinking.

Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next