Page 3 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: website updated
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
there is so much work to do on this site. im sorry if i take long time to get the site up i keep seeing things i want to change. i dont know why but in firefox some photos dont show up at all and some how up as broken link lil box thing. like im adding the dots next to the supplies looks betters then a dash like this - but with the dots do you think it might look better if i alsign the txt to the left. i think so but not sure. and im making all links appear in new window instead of taking u from the site. so much to do lol :feedback:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:37 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

BIRD GYM SECTION FINISHED! :dance:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

im stuck, i cant figure out why on http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.org/Pc0607.html
the font under the pics is not centered, but the font on the other two is. can u figure it out?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I'm not sure, but I suspect that the centering problems on the 06-07 PC page might be due to some improper uses of the word center. I'm going to paste some of the source code below but I'll leave all the brackets out.

Scroll down toward the bottom of the source coding, to the stuff that's below "!--This is the start of the Main Content area. --" and div align="center" The first table starts out with table width="100" border="0" center. Take out the word center; it looks improperly formatted to me and the tables on the 07-08 page don't have it. All the centering on that page is covered by the div align="center" at the start of the main content area.

If taking out that one "center" doesn't work, look through the remaining table coding and take out all center or /center commands. But whatever you do, do NOT touch the div align="center" command because that's the one you want to keep!

About the alignment of the supply lists: I'm undecided! It would probably be easier to read if the supplies were all in line with each other, but having the list in the middle instead of all the way over to the left would be nice. I don't know how you'd code that though.

Regarding the photos not showing up on Firefox, I can't find any differences in the way they're coded. Typical commands are:
a href="/images/06winners/cookiesept06.jpg"target="_blank"
img src="/images/06winners/cookiesept06th.jpg"

I do think that taking out the slash in front of the word images might solve the problem, and if that doesn't do it then putting in the complete url probably would. Like this:
a href="http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.org/images/06winners/cookiesept06.jpg"target="_blank"
img src="http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.org/mages/06winners/cookiesept06th.jpg"

Another possibility is that the lack of a space between the picture file name and the word target in the href command is causing problems. Try doing it like this and see if it helps:
a href="/images/06winners/cookiesept06.jpg" target="_blank"
Can you see the difference between that and
a href="/images/06winners/cookiesept06.jpg"target="_blank" ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:08 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

oh interesteding. some one on the reptile said the sites directed to a isp or some thing and not to the site it self. so i may ask him how i fixt that too.... id like ff users to see the site too.
-mel
p.s. i will work on that tomorrow. imma work a bit each day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

i cheated, i copied the stuff from the 06-07 page to the pc page and changed the info and it worked. hehe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Copying from one page to another isn't cheating, it's generally the best way to get things done. By 'worked' I guess you mean that Firefox is not displaying the pictures the same way on both pages now! :joker:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:06 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

oh i havent got to firefox issue yet. i was busy working on a diff section. which now i gotta go fix becuse my sister told me theres no e in loveing. lol i told her to shut up lol . :slap:
but my dads coming into town tonight so i probably wont have a ton of time for the site this coming wk so i will work when i can. oh yea geuss what i found? the toy instructions from bea. i was going through the recieved files on my external hard drive. and i found them. but it was in word. so i send it to my sister and she copied it to word pad and send it back. cause i dun got word. and they have photos in the thing. im not sure how to get the photos out. but ill find a way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

well i just extracted the photos from the instructions
by making them the size i wanted in the file then useing the print screen button pasting into paint then saving then going into painshop pro cropping and saving as a jpg. and the good news is we will have 14 new toys up on the site soon.

Page 3 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3