Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: February 2015 photo contest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
The theme is "The Thinker". No, not 'the stinker'! Your bird thinking about something or looking lost in thought. Up to five entries per person.

Post subject: Re: February 2015 photo contest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Unless they're thinking about being stinkers.

I think I have some really old ones of the cockatiels, maybe I'll try to get one of Beck. He's the only one who hasn't been featured on the front yet.

Beaker wants you to know that he is lost in deep thought about becoming a philanthropist.

Jaid has a think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:10 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Tommy thinking about when he will get back with mom and dadImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Gave happy chirps: 1 time
Got happy chirps: 25 times
I have to make sure it tastes right before I pop the big question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:46 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Cute entry, Cloudy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:03 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

I call this one, "Millet or Nutriberries... ?"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's almost Shakespearean lol. "Millet or nutriberries, that is the question". But he's a Shakespearean kind of bird. When he was with me his name was Horatius, and he spent a lot of time dreaming of his philosphy. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy". Both quotes are from Hamlet.

I'm amazed at how yellow his face is. It shows up really well in the picture with the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:41 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

I know, right? Yet the second picture was taken just a few weeks ago. I dunno. Time will tell with his yellow face. I think it looks more yellow when he's got puffy cheeks and more grey when he turns all skinny and tall.

Edit: And can I just spend a sec to gush again? Thank you so much and I am so grateful that things worked out like they did (me asking about a breeder in TC and hearing about you and wham, here we are). He really is the coolest pet I've had and I love and enjoy him so much. I really would like to breed him at some point, if not just for his disposition... he's a lover but he's got such an attitude and can be ornery but it's all good. His personality alone needs to be passed on to another generation.

Right now, I'm slowly sowing the seeds of getting a female (from you, at some point in distant future) so I can let them have babies and then let my son have one of the babies so he can bond with it from the get go.

I really want to make sure that if I am able to do this, I get a female with a good disposition as well, so I have pretty babies but more importantly, good pet babies, you know? He's such a good bird.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Girls tend to have sweeter dispositions than boys, and you'll probably be happy with any well-raised girl that you get. I'll be hanging up the nestboxes in late April/early May so there's 4+ months to go before I'll have any weaned babies. I know you'd like a whiteface lutino girl. I can't guarantee that I'll have one of those, or that Coyote will like her. But he probably will. He was partly raised by a whiteface lutino hen so he's predisposed to like them. He was also partly raised by a yellow lutino hen and a pearl hen so he's predisposed to like just about anything lol. His mother is pearl but she also tends to be a plucker, so I moved him to the Vlad-Snowy-Mims threesome when he was a couple weeks old to get him away from her attentions. They don't pluck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:57 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

I super wish you had another couple that had pied babies, because I'd love to have whiteface pieds. I'm pretty set on getting one of your baby girls though because I would feel more comfortable knowing that I'm getting a healthy, well raised, co-parented baby. I have this fantasy idea that I'd like to breed more than one pair and breed for a specific mutation or whatever but this is all make-believe at this point. My husband is no way Jose at this point in time, not just to breeding but to even getting another bird. So I don't even know if he'll have a change of heart in time for your next batch of babies anyways. I sure would love to though, so I'm still working on it, just in case you end up with a WF lutino this year.

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next