Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: September 2016 photo contest
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I agree. It was a terrible accident, but I'm glad you moved to a better and nicer place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:11 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
tielfan wrote:
What a terrible, sad thing to happen! I'm glad that you and your current birds are in a safer place now.

Thank you! I went through a phase when I could barely look at my aviary birds without feeling sad. All I wanted was that hands on companionship again but I don't know when I'll be able to do it in the future. I'm that scared that something like that could always be lurking :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:11 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Feathers wrote:
I agree. It was a terrible accident, but I'm glad you moved to a better and nicer place.

Thank you! We are doing much better now and my birds are happy and very healthy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
There's really no safety anywhere. There are hazards indoors and a different set of hazards outdoors. Not a comforting thought I know, but in a way it leaves you free to keep your birds anywhere you want to within sensible limits. What happened before was a freak accident that isn't likely to happen again, and if you can work past the bad memories there's really not any reason why you shouldn't keep at least some of your birds in the house if you want to. Having some of them outdoors and some of them indoors would actually reduce this risk of losing all of them in a single disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:30 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

tielfan wrote:
There's really no safety anywhere. There are hazards indoors and a different set of hazards outdoors. Not a comforting thought I know, but in a way it leaves you free to keep your birds anywhere you want to within sensible limits. What happened before was a freak accident that isn't likely to happen again, and if you can work past the bad memories there's really not any reason why you shouldn't keep at least some of your birds in the house if you want to. Having some of them outdoors and some of them indoors would actually reduce this risk of losing all of them in a single disaster.

I had all of the birds I still have now out in their aviaries so I'm glad that they were okay. They're not very hands on (they will sit on me if I pick them up or I summon the whole flock of budgies with millet haha) so I do miss that companionship. I am considering having another in the future. I am potentially looking at taking on a friends citron crested cockatoo depending on their situation in the new year. I'll see how that goes and if I don't have her I'll maybe put my feelers out after my wedding :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:01 am 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
Oooo a wedding congrats!! :clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:44 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Bjornlefevre wrote:

Thank you! We are getting married on Halloween and travelling to the US for it :woohoo1:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:43 am 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
deebee wrote:
Bjornlefevre wrote:

Thank you! We are getting married on Halloween and travelling to the US for it :woohoo1:

Wish I could trade places with one of you, and I wouldn't trade with you... :bigsmile100:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:24 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
deebee wrote:
Bjornlefevre wrote:

Thank you! We are getting married on Halloween and travelling to the US for it
where in the States are you going? (and who will be looking after the "zoo" you have?)
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

I'm getting married in Orlando. Jack has never been but I used to go a couple of months a year and I love it there so much, especially for the wildlife! I've always wanted to do Halloween Horror Nights at Universal so the plan is get married in the morning at the Hard Rock Hotel, eat a slice of cake, get changed and go get scared :bigsmile100:

I used to have a really good friend who has birds house sit for me and she would bring hers with her but unfortunately we don't see each other any more since she moved away. The last two times somebody stayed I didn't feel confident with the people because although they were friends they also lacked knowledge. On the first day of the last but one time my friend called in tears telling me she broke my shower... it leaks from time to time but she obviously didn't listen when I told her that part haha. My uncle lives around the corner and he's offered to live in for the 3 weeks. He usually helps out if I have to go away for a few days but he's said he'll live here during that time to make sure nobody attempts to steal the animals

Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3