Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Farewell Beck and Poppy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Miss me? I had a lot going on. Yes, all of my birds are doing well. Jaid turned 5 and Danny is 1. They got a really neat manzanita like playstand, which I like a lot. And while Jaid and Danny were both clipped (Danny when bought and Jaid because he was a brat when hormonal) are both growing their wings out, Danny took his first fly earlier this week. From his cage clear across the room. Hasn't tried it again since, but he's always been shy. His vocabulary blossomed. I should have to make a list of everything he can say. I never intentionally teach him things, he picks it up on his own and uses it in context. Unfortunately, he picked up on my vocal tone which is horribly monotone, so my parrot matches I guess. Him and Jaid are buddies. They get along great. I've always ended up having good luck with different species liking each other.

Anyway, about the title, no, they did not die. I actually rehomed them. I always danced around the idea of it for a few years but I actually did it. I found a very nice lady with a big aviary in the countryside and lots of other birds. I made sure that I was 100% confident that they needed to go to a big aviary with other budgies. Now they live in a nice rural town about 10 minutes from me with 12 other budgies and 3 cockatiels. I do not regret my decision at all, because that's what they needed. So now, it's just Jaid and Danny, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Goodbye guys, enjoy retirement.
ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Farewell Beck and Poppy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Welcome back to the group! Your subject line scared the heck out of me, but I hope the boys are happy in their new home. What about the megabacteria problem - did that go away somehow?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
Scared me too darnit! :raspberry:

Good to see the picture of your other two 'love-birds' though... :loveshower100:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
I just saw that BlueKeet posted and clicked on the thread. Didn't bother to read the title :) Its good to see you Stephanie!
Danny is so much bigger than Jaid! I am glad that they became buddies.
The budgies story should be inspirational for me. I need to rehome my birds but too much of a chicken to even try. I would love to find such a lady. I would even travel across the country to make sure my birds are going to a great new home. Sounds like all of you won from this development.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Thank you guys. It's so nice to be welcomed back. Place seems smaller. I haven't really been active online for the past few months, not just here. I just haven't really been keen on being on the computer for a long time. I've been doing a lot of other things, namely horse riding, drawing and being with my animals.

Yes, Danny is a chunky bird next to slender Jaid. They're not too, too far off, but there is a bit of a difference when they're right next to each other.

Carolyn, I honestly have no clue. It's been 3 years with no signs of issues whatsoever, so I just gave it the green. Don't hate me, but honestly I kind of like it better with them not here. I mean, Beck straight up hated me, and Poppy was surprisingly neutral with me, but still, no relationship. They spent all their time in their cage in the back corner of the room. They just didn't like me, my dad, my other birds or leaving their cage. No offense to them or anything, but that's not a good fit for me, so that's why I jumped on the opportunity after years of back and forth.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It's very likely that they'll be happier too in a big aviary with a lot of other budgies. They might even get girlfriends and make some babies. You were acting in everyone's best interest by rehoming them, and there's no reason to hate anybody for doing that!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Nice to hear from you, Stephanie. Glad it worked out for all your birds. I have been having trouble with my computer, which ended up with new browsers and LFB not recognizing me. I hope I have it straightened out now.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]