Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Loud lovebirds
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Okay, I honestly hate having to write about this, because it feels like there’s no real solution.

My birds are too loud. Not for me, for my mom. she has been complaining about how loud they were, but she got really annoyed today because she was trying to sleep but they were too nosy. I honestly see where she’s coming from, ever since I got Cashew, things have been more louder.

The only solution I have is to rehome Cashew. I don’t want to, but if there’s no other choice, then what do I do?

Post subject: Re: Loud lovebirds
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
If someone's trying to take a nap, you can cover up the cage with a thick blanket or put it in a dark place (like the closet lol) so the bird takes a nap too. It's not ideal from the bird's point of view, but it's better than having to rehome them.

Obviously that isn't something that you can do all day every day. But you might be able to come up with creative solutions for other times. Is there a room that you can move them to for part of the day so the noise is less obnoxious to other family members? Or can you close the door to the room where they are now?

I don't know whether you're still in school or have a job or anything. But if you're gone for several hours a day you won't be around to play with them during that time. So they don't need to be easily accessible to you until you come home again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:01 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
My mom mainly complains on Saturday mornings when she's sleeping in. I tried something after writing this post, and it helped. I covered the bird's cage and closed my door. It significantly lowered their noise to the point where my mom said it was better. I'm going to try this for some time and see if my mom is happy with the new setup.

Thanks Carolyn!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I'm glad that you were able to find a solution!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]