Page 1 of 7 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Worst day ever!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:58 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I never thought I was going to post in this section until I got woken up from my brother screaming that the birds are outside and their cage is upside down.

I started to run outside to check them out and I see the white cage moved over with the birds wing all bloody and I notice that Quinn was missing

I then saw the blue cage 8 feet away from the white cage where is originally was and it was flipped over with no birds in it but a lot of feathers :(

I hear 2 of my birds calling and I run out to see my shodu next to the pool and I got him with the towel then I see my Georgie on the pool net so I tried to get him with the towel but he just flew to the tree then I notice that his wing was also bloody. I tried coaxing him with millet but he wouldn't eat so I asked my brother to keep an eye on him while I get the perch. While i was on the way to get it I found myself looking at 2 Brocken wings with SO MANY feathers around, so I look at the wing and I see pearling on both of then so in my mind I heard a whisper Juno and willow :(

I then grabbed the perch and tried getting Georgie down but he didn't step up so after 10 minutes of me trying I just pulled the branch and grabbed him!
I then look around around and I see blood all over the blue cage :(

This is what I'm guessing that happened: when the animal flipped over the blue cage a over the doors went up so Georgie and shodu flew to safety while the animal grabbed Juno and willow and ate them on the side of the house :(

April most probrually flew away but I have no clue how the animal killed Quinn because she was in the white cage and all of the doors where locked and there is no clue of her around!

I'll post photos of the cage and if you want you can post photos of their wings and blood and feathers so you'll maybe can figure out what type of strake was it

We are going to check the cameras tonight!

Curse you animal that ate my babies :( :( :(
You will be missed by your daddy :(

Post subject: Re: Worst day ever!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:06 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
What a terrible shock for you..
I do hope the birds which are injured
will be ok...
Maybe the other bird died of fright..
Just horrid for you..
So sad...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:20 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
What type of animal would do that?
Which country do you live in?
Here in Wales, my birds are never outside
even in the summer...its too cold during winter,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:06 am 
Conure
Conure

Just so everyone knows, I put them in these small cages because I wanted to clean the aviary and because it was cold outside but I won't ever put them in there again

I was the only cages I had but I won't ever use them
I feel terrible :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I'm so very very sorry that this happened, and I'm also concerned about all the posts that you made and then changed to a request for deletion. You can talk about anything that you want to here and we'll do what we can to help. There's not much we can do in a situation like this, but at least we understand the horror of it and how terrible it is to lose birds this way.

If I understood correctly, there were three birds where you only found a wing and one bird that is missing and might have escaped safely, plus two birds that were injured but still with you. I think you have 9 or 10 birds, are the others safe and unharmed? It would be best to take the injured birds to an avian vet, and you can put up lost-bird advertising for the one that may have escaped safely.

It may have been a raccoon attack, if you live in an area that has them. I've heard of other cases where a raccoon did similar damage to a cage full of birds. They can use their front paws like hands so they can do things that ordinary predators can't.

This is a terrible and sad situation, and there aren't any words that can make it any better. I hope that your surviving birds will be all right, and that you can take some comfort in having them with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
P.S. It would be best if you could bring your remaining birds indoors at night, at least for a while. The animal might come back looking for more birds, and might try to break into the aviary. Even if it can't actually get to the birds, it could give them a major night fright.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:44 am 
Conure
Conure

The posts I made but then edited were just pictures of the cage flipped over and the injurys and the wings of Juno
I edited them because someone on TC was jumping down my throat and hurting my feelings and she made me emotional the whole day. I didn't cry because I was too shocked but when I red her post I cried the whole day
Do in ever board I posted the pictures and edited the post but I could pm you the pictures if you want

There where 5 birds in each cage, when the animal flipped over the cage the doors opened up and the animal killed a few but I didn't see any signs of April or Quinn so I'm guessing they are alive somewhere but when I want to look I just break down and start crying in my room

My mom said she saw Juno's skull :'( she said she threw it in the lake because she didn't want me to see it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Don't listen to whoever said that. I saw what she wrote and she was very rude. I would be offended too and I thought it was very nice you said something to her and stood up for yourself. If you don't mind, if it isn't too hard for you, I might want to see the pictures. I've seen several crime scenes from predators and I may be able to help you find what did this to your girls.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:31 pm 
Conure
Conure

The forum won't let me post more than 2 photos so bare with me

This is what I woke up in the morning to

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 pm